tubes or Halogen lamps.
Serie F - Serie C
studies and design
The experience of FB Technology in terms of installations,
operation and maintenance of airfield lighting systems has
led it to develop a simple and robust equipment with an
excellent ratio light intensity/power and allowing fast
and easy maintenance.
FBT Guidance Signs has been developed using common materials
in airfield lighting and standard PL fluorescent tubes Serie
F or Halogen lamps for Serie C.
• Anti corrosion aluminium structure in profile
• Protection with white polyester paint (aviation yellow
Front face polymetacrylate 3 or 4 mm, UV and chemicals resistant
• High quality colours films, UV and chemicals resistant
• Anti Bird wire (option)
• Ingress protection: IP44 for lower case and IP64 for top
Aluminium frangible stands >back
• Fluorescent tube type PL , life time better than 10,000
• High performance Converter 6.6A (airfield circuit), ensuring
a start-up of tubes at low CCR intensity (2.8A). Operating
Temperature: -20°C / +55°C
• 40W halogen lamp with dichroic reflector, life time better
than 1,500 hours.
• Operating temperature : -55°C / +85°C
• ICAO: Annex 14, Volume 1,3rd edition 07/99 (luminance),
CIE D65 (colours).
• CAP 168: Chapter 7, Edition 1995
• FAA: Specification L-829 150/5345-44F(frangibility - wind
and jet blast resistance).
The electrical equipment is fitted in the top compartment
of the sign allowing for fast and easy access.
top plate allows maintenance personnel to stow measuring
equipment and their own equipment cleanly and safely while
working on the sign.
and tube (or lamp) replacement is carried out without removing
the front face Maintenance can be done in complete safety
owing to the general power switch (in option). Front face
can be easily removed by opening side panel.
• Safety switch (in option)
• Input of cable: right or left.
• Supplied with secondary cable 2 metres long with moulded
plug type FAA
• Other on request
Lighting is realised with fluorescent tubes 18W or 24W installed
vertically for a best efficiency and an increase of tube
Lighting is realised using 40W halogen lamps installed on
metallic rail for better heat dissipation and increased